About 15 years ago Robin Trower called and asked me if I would make him a pedal that achieved a “parked wah” sound, which is usually created by turning on a wah wah and finding that special spot where the Midrange is singing with feedback…a technique made famous by Michael Schenker and Jimmy Page.. I said Yes, said I could call it a WahFull, made one for him, and never thought about it again until years later when I started getting emails..1-3 per day asking if I was going to ever release it.
Recently I made a second one for Joe Satriani, and then sat down and added some very useful and cool features:
- Small footprint, only 4″ x 4.5″ with top-mounted jacks.
- Rotary switch to access 3 modes of wah range: Wacked, Jimi, and Shaft.
- External foot control jack….connect to any standard expression pedal for traditional wah wah operation.
- Fulltone exclusive new “Enhanced Bypass”..with no “pop” when switching and bypassed-tone so rich you will never again ask for true-bypass nor accept the tone loss of traditional buffered-bypass pedals.
- JFET buffer on circuit INPUT offering an astounding 2 mega-ohm input impedance, zero interference to and from other pedals!
- JFET buffered output offering zero interference to other pedals, perfect operation with even the highest gain amplifiers, and the ability to drive long runs of cable without tone-loss.