When Brian created the circuit that would eventually become the Euphoria, he was working on creating a pedal that would go from clean tones to distorted tones while adding a bit of warmth. He wanted something for himself that would be dynamic, have a great sounding “gritty” tone to it yet be able to respond to the volume knob like a tube amp. Everything about Brian is in the dynamics of sound and if a pedal can’t work with him dynamically, then he just can’t use it.
The Euphoria is his take on that elusive tone and feel made famous by Dumble Amplifiers – smooth creaminess yet crunchy when you need it to be, yet the tonality is much more transparent than other “dumble sounding” pedals. Very responsive tone controls that interact with the pedal – they don’t just “color” the sound. The controls actually affect the response and feel of the pedal, just like a great tube amp.
If you love the sound of your clean tone, and just wish you could have more “hair” on the note… a little bit of grit without any change in tonality, the Euphoria will do that with ease. PLUS it’s extremely flexible… with the toggle switch in the down position you’ll get a hint of fuzz along with the overdrive, it’s reminiscent of the tones that “Eric Johnson” may use. With the toggle in the up position the tonality is super smooth, creamy yet crunchy when you dig into the strings.
This is reminiscent to the famous “Dumble” tone, though it’s really much, much more than that. In the center position, the toggle will give you tons of crunch, or roll the gain back a bit and push the volume up and you have a superior clean boost with a 2 band EQ that’s extremely transparent, but variable so you can actually turn it into an awesome treble booster just by cranking up the treble and turning the bass down.
- Hand made in the U.S.A.
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Power draw: 8mA4 knobs – Volume/gain/bass/treble
- Switch goes from overdrive setting to distortion setting (top: creamy tone, middle: crunchy tone, bottom, light fuzz tone)
- Advanced Gain Structure, amazing array of sounds.2.5″ x 4.5″ (63.5mm x 114.3mm)
- Very transparentVery dynamic
- Completely original circuitry